- Sugaring is an ancient art of hair removal that was popular thousands of years ago in Egypt, Greece and Mesopotamia.
- Rediscovered ancient arts often are found to be the most effective methods, and this is clearly the case with sugaring. The technique is not more commonly available because it is a true art that takes much practice to perfect – watching the finger dexterity and curvaceous hand motions is fascinating!
- 100 percent natural sugar “paste” – consisting of sugar, lemon juice, and water blended into a substance that looks and feels like honey – is more effective, more sanitary and less painful than any other hair removal process.
How does Full Body Sugaring work?
- At The Sugared Cookie sugar paste is at lukewarm temperature and massaged onto the skin by a gloved hand and then molded against the natural direction of hair growth. With a flicking motion the hair is gently removed in the direction that the hair grows.
- Sugaring removes hair while it is in the early growth stage – as young as 12-14 days – which minimizes unnecessary discomfort, irritation and ingrown hairs, all while exfoliating dry skin cells. The result is beautifully soft, smooth, amazing skin. For most areas we recommend about 12-14 days worth of growth. For the legs we recommend at least 14 days worth of growth for your best results.
- The Sugared Cookie is great at putting you at ease, beginning each visit with a discussion about your specific needs. Many clients on their first visit aren’t exactly sure where they want to “draw the line” for bikini or Brazilian sugaring: We can start with the bikini and then you can decide if you like it. More hair can always be removed. I will help you define whatever line you want to make!!
- Aftercare is minimal, such as exfoliating once a week in order to keep your skin safe and smooth for the next few weeks.
Advantages of Sugaring versus wax?
- Sugaring is often compared with waxing because both are spread onto the hair and then pulled off. But that is where the comparison ends, and in many ways sugar is the opposite of wax!
- Sugaring pulls in the natural direction of hair growth, wax pulls the hair against its natural growth pattern, often causing rashes and ingrown hairs. Sugar is 100% natural, with no resin or chemicals; all wax products contain resins. Sugar will never burn the skin, as it is barely lukewarm; hot wax can burn and bruise the skin.
- Sugar does not stick to live skin cells; wax adheres to live skin cells and when removed pulls the skin, increasing the risk of tearing and redness.
- Sugaring is so gentle it can be used to remove the vellus hair that grows on some women’s faces, and is safe to remove hair on the male scrotum; wax is risky for both.
- Sugar is a hypoallergenic natural healer of the skin; wax damages fine tissue cells.
- Bacteria does not spread or survive in sugar; it does in wax. Wax is gross… Trust me.
- Sugar is water soluble so cleanup is easy; wax requires solvents to clean.
So Why are yo still waxing?
The Sugared Cookie Durango, Colorado 81301
Organic Full Body Sugaring Durango,Colorado. PCA Skin Peels Durango, Colorado. Eyelash Extensions Durango, Colorado. All Natural South Seas Spray Tanning Durango, Colorado. Never wax again Durango, Colorado. Durango Colorado’s only certified, professional, expert Sugaring Day Spa. Sugaring is a full body hair removal service. Brazilians, bikini, eyebrow, legs, sideburns, chest back, men, woman… you name it we do it!! Don’t get waxed, get Sugared!!!!!! All your beauty services in one location. More than a salon… Kind of like your traditional hair salon but better..it’s Your beauty salon!!!!!!
The Sugared Cookie Durango Colorado
www.thesugaredcookie.com 24/7 online booking
Dont just go to someone who does esthetics, go to your esthetician expert!!!